TAPP Wire - July 2011
Message From The CEO
July has been an interesting month. We learned the hard way that it is not always possible to restore files from back ups when our website server (hosted offsite) crashed. A sobering experience but one which has provided us the opportunity to create a slightly new look to the website and add features. If you are a member of TAPP, you should make sure that you create a new login to be able to access all of the articles, the new discussion boards, and archived webinars.
We have had a summer marketing intern, Anna Hawthorne, who has been a tremendous asset in our marketing endeavors. We would like to thank our founding member companies for their support. If you know a company who would benefit from our services, please pass our information along!
I have been asked to be a guest blogger at HR Chatterbox. The blog will be published in August so please watch for it and let me know what you think. Enjoy the rest of the summer!.
~Linda J. Guild, CAE CEO
We are pleased to announce that the Discussion Board feature on our website is now live for members only. If you are a member and would like to join the conversation, follow these three simple steps:
1. Visit our website, www.tapponline.net.
2. Create your online member account by clicking the "create account" link in the Member Login box on the home page.
3. Visit the Discussion Board Forum and get started!
In June and July, we hosted a webinar series for jobseekers entitled "Getting Hired" with guest speaker Peggy Collins. The series included three sessions. Click on the title to learn more about each session. If you are a member, you can watch the archived webinar after you login to the website.
- The Blueprint For a Successful Job Search - Recorded June 16, 2011 One fact we learned in this session is that 70% of jobs are not advertised. In order to be considered for one of these "hidden jobs", consider adding informational interviews, targeting, and networking to your regular job search tactics.
- Writing to Get Noticed - Recorded June 30, 2011 A great tip we learned in this session is that a cover letter should not summarize your resume, but rather it should provide additional information and insight as to why you are the best fit for the position.
- Ace the Interview - Recorded July 14, 2011 Among many other excellent tips, this session taught us how to answer 13 of the most commonly asked interview questions.
Did You Know?
Did you know about Meetup.com? Meetup.com helps groups of people with shared interests plan meetings and form offline clubs in local communities around the world. As their tagline states, meetup groups can be a great way to Do Something, Learn Something, Share Something, or Change Something. Just visit www.meetup.com and enter your location and interest, and you'll be browsing for the right group for you in seconds!
In this profile, we introduce you to Beth, a new member who works part-time from home. Click on her photo to read her story.